February 02, 2010

Creamy Chicken and Rice

I recently visited some friends of our and she had cooked this recipe....It was so yummy that I asked for it....I then took it to an elder family dinner and now they would like it as well. I thought I would blog it so all could enjoy....sorry I didn't take pics of it to share....

Creamy Chicken & Rice
4 c. cooked white rice
1/2 c. margarine (1 stick)
1/4 c. flour
2c. milk
2t. chicken bouillon granules
1t. Lawry's seasoned salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4t. black pepper
4-5 c. cooked, cubed chicken
12 oz. Velveeta, cubed
16 oz. sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed

Cook rice according to directions and put in a greased 9X13 inch baking dish. Melt 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) margarine in saucepan, over medium to low heat, stir in the flour gradually add milk, then bouillon and other seasonings. Bring to boil, cook & stir about 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
Reduce heat to low; add chicken, cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
Pour mixture over rice. Melt remaining margarine and mix with crackers. Spread over casserole. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Yummo! Enjoy!

M

No comments: