
There are a lot of friends and family that do not know exactly what I do now that I have quit teaching (in the public schools..anyway) . I now have the wonderful blessing of doing two things that are most dear to my heart. Raising and loving on my beautiful kiddos and assisting families with adoption. I was approached almost a year ago and asked if I would be interested in being an adoption worker for Adoption Assistance, Inc. They are a homestudy agency for the state of KY and TN. Their adoption worker for our area was moving. Now, it is very difficult for me to make big changes in my life, but most of the big decisions and changes that required a lot of me and my family have been well worth it. I spoke with JB and we were so excited at this opportunity. I now have been completing homestudies for families for almost a year. I love sharing in this joyous time with each family. I am almost excited about each adoption as they are. I know the agony of the wait and the joy of the homecoming! I love my job! It also allows me to fulfill the role of my GOD given calling....being a wife and mother. For example, I took the kids to Pottery Barn Kids today for a sing along...we then played and went to lunch and then home for naps....we have been shopping and to the zoo also this week! WOW! This is something I never would have been able to do before the Lord gave me this new job!
I just know that my children will not be little long and I don't want to miss this! I also want to be able to train and teach my children the WORD of the Lord! I just wanted to share these words from my heart and say thank you Lord for my cup overfloweth!
Missy


1 comment:
Being a mom is the best career you can have!!...without a doubt. I'm so glad you have been so blessed. I love it!! That is so awesome that you get to work for the adoption homestudies. Wow...you never know where the Lord will lead you. I got your comment on my blog. I thought about you several times during our decision making process and knew it would be so fun to get to be around you again. I have such good memories from our friendship years ago. I'm so grateful that I get to keep up with your sweet family now through your blog.
Post a Comment