December 29, 2008

Praise God! ( BIG NEWS)


Ok, I can now share our wonderful news! As you can guess from the picture, the O family is expecting another blessing. About a week before Thanksgiving, I took a preg. test and it was positive. We were shocked but thankful and also cautious. Two years ago, I miscarried at 7 weeks and so anxious was an understatement for my initial feelings. I remind myself daily that the Lord is the creator, giver, sustainer and taker of life. I was anxious about my children in Guatemala when I couldn't hold them and I had to remind myself of the same truth. Well, here we are several weeks later and I went to the doctor today and JB and I were able to hear the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. My doc, when he heard the beat, said Praise God! and I echoed his joy! So it is with great joy that the O family announces the upcoming arrival of a new creation! I am eleven and a half weeks along and my due date is July 22, 2009. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I have a condition that makes me at an increased chance of preterm labor and c-section. I do remind myself of the above truth that the Lord is the giver, sustainer and taker of life so please pray that I would have that peace throughout this pregnancy. We have been so blessed with children in our life and this will be no different....one more O to add to our humble nest. We will have 3 little blessings under the age of 4!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and JB!!

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

God is good...all the time. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Becky & Tabitha

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Praise God is RIGHT! That is wonderful news! Congratulations!!!!

Mindy said...

God is so good!!! Another beautiful baby to add to our list! We'll be praying for you all throughout this journey - three under the age of 4 ... wow!! :o)

Love you all,
Mindy

Liz said...

Oh...I'm so excited for you guys. The Lord has a plan for all of us! This new little one will be so blessed to come to your family!!

The Rogers Family said...

Oh Missy, Congratulations! May the Lord bless and keep you during this 40 (or less) weeks.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Missy and the whole O family! I am so excited for you!

And, belated Happy Anniversary! You look FABULOUS in that picture!

Hope to see you all very soon!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you... God is so good!!!! Praying for you and baby.