WOW, I read this on a friend's blog and it is RiGhT where I am at! (her too) and most mom's of small children very close together in age....At times as a mom, pastor's wife and adoption worker...I can begin to feel overwhelmed and gulity that I am not able to do more...most of this guilt is self perceived...... but this article was reassuring for me to read that supports mine and my husband's philosophy of ministry for me in this "Season" of my life....here is the link to the article and I have also included a quote from this "9Marks Ministry article".
http://www.9marks.org/ejournal/young-mother-ministry-guilt-and-seasons-life
A YOUNG MOTHER’S PRIMARY MISSION FIELD
One reason a young mother can feel wrongly guilty is that she forgets that her first and primary mission field must be her children.
God values children. He places great importance on our teaching our children to love and serve him (Deut. 6:7-9). Jesus became indignant when the disciples didn’t value the worth of children in God’s expanding kingdom (Mark 10:13-16). And God tells us that children are his blessing to us (Psalm 127:3).
Mothering calls for the best in us as women. As mothers, we shape the souls of our children and ultimately influence the world. Children are our gift to the future. So accept your calling from God to serve your family. It is not godly guilt that would call you away from a wholehearted investment in your little ones for his sake. Don’t feel guilty over making your children your primary ministry investment when they are young. You are teaching the younger generation to form intimate emotional bonds with others. Your sensitivity, availability, devotion, affection, and unhurried attention are irreplaceable.
I hope this encourges you in whatever "season" of life you are in!
Blessings,
Missy
Amy Shares Chapel Message
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment