July 11, 2011

Summer Madness.......

I'm so sorry that it has been since April that I have blogged.  There has been so much going on around these parts that I hesitate to even enter this information overload. One of the things I am is authentic and I think anyone writing and sharing with other moms and families should "keep it real"....so here goes!  The end of April, my father in law (after almost 44 years of marriage) chose to leave his wife and family.  Well folks when Satan ravishes a family there is much much carnage left to sift through.....which is what our family is currently in the process of doing.  I won't go into details about this situation but it is devastating and we would appreciate prayers for both of his parents and our family as a whole.

M:  My sweet little bear graduated preschool in May and she is changing everyday from my little sweet chubby toddler to a beautiful, smart and thoughtful girl!  I am so thankful but it kinda makes ya sick all at the same time.  She is getting ready to begin kindergarten this fall and we are SO excited about her school.  Me because it is only two days a week, but for many more reasons way more important than that....Pics will follow in September.

W:  He is my tender hearted...hands on .....all boy....little man....He loves "angry birds" and can make the faces too!  He loves balls, cars, fixing things and working with his Papa.  He loves the ipad and tv a little too much and so he is having a little summer hiatus from them. He will be doing preschool with me in the fall and I am so excited to teach him and watch him blossom.

H:  What happened to my little four pounder?  She has grown up so so fast and all right before our eyes.  She is now about 34 inches tall and 27 pounds.  She is speaking in full sentences and has  a personality as big as Texas!  She loves to do whatever her big sister and brother are doing and she does it very well.

J B and I :  Well we are just hanging on and savoring our blessings.  JB had a heart "scare" about the time all of the family business erupted and we spent a couple of days in the cardiac unit at our wonderful hospital and recovering from atrial fibrillation.  He is doing great and the doctor stated that it was brought on by extreme emotional stress (go figure). We are busy with a new business Zija International ( I'll blog more about later) We have changed many aspects of our home....the main one being nutrition and detoxifying our home of artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and processed foods.  We have lost a combined total of over 60 pds and feel great!  I have cut back a lot on my adoption work as I am needed much more here at home and enjoying my time. 

This is a quick catch up on us in a nut shell and I'll post pictures soon!  I promise!

2 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

So sorry to hear about the family situation - we will definitely be praying. Love hearing about your little ones (who aren't so little anymore). They are just precious!

The Rogers Family said...

I am sorry this has happened to another family. My dad did the same thing to my mom about 6 years ago. Praying for you all!