April 13, 2011

Happy 90th Granny!

February 14, 2011 was Granny's 90th birthday.  A few months back I told her that I wanted to give her a BIG BASH to celebrate.  She reluctantly agree as she doesn't like to feel as if she is causing anyone extra work.  She soon became very excited about it and all of the preparations being made.  On February 20, 2011 we celebrated this wonderful, Godly, sweet, sacrificial and hard working lady.  What an inspiration she has been to me.  I have witnessed her sorrow after the death of her husband and watched her live her life with such grace and always displaying a gentle and quiet spirit.  She has served so many for so many years and we wanted to take one day and treat her like a Queen.  She looked so beautiful that day and I think she felt special. Just two weeks later she fell and broke her hip...had surgery....didn't recover well and is currently residing in a nursing home and unable to communicate with success.  It saddens me greatly to see her this way.  She has always been such an active participant in her life (riding her exercise bike each day, washing and folding clothes and preparing meals).  I still like to go and sit with her, hold her hand and allow her to talk with me.  I understand little of what she is saying but I know she is in there and understands perfectly.  I love her and I pray that the Lord will shower her with grace, mercy and a peace and take her to be with Himself very soon...just as she desires! Here are just a few pictures from her day.




No comments: