I wanted to share with everyone about something so exciting in our lives. I will NOT be returning to teaching this school year!! That's right!! You read correctly, I have taught for 9 years and am now taking a break/career change. Adoption Assistance, the homestudy agency that we used for both of our adoptions, called me and asked me to consider being an adoption worker for the Louisville area. JB and I discussed and prayed about the opportunity and were just really really excited. I have been working with them for about a month or so now and I love what I do. Here is what I do: Any family that is called to adopt whether domestically or internationally first needs a homestudy. A homestudy is about a 10 to 12 page document that explains every aspect of your lives from the home you live in to your health and family history. This document represents you here in the U.S. as well as any country that you may adopt from. That's where I come in. I meet with the families and write their homestudys and follow them through their adoption process and then provide post placement visits when they are placed with their children. It has been very rewarding so far and I am looking forward to seeing the families that I began with bring their children home. I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me the opportunity to work from home, raise my children, and work in a field I am passionate about. I have gone to a school for the last 9 years and poured my life into educating someone else's children while I took mine to a daycare/sitter. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach and guide the children that have been entrusted into my care. Praise the Lord!
1 comment:
I am so happy for your family. Missy, you and Jim Bob have such a loving heart and the fact that God has called you to adopt is clearly evident in your love and devotion to Molly. My family has had the tremendous honor of spending time with Molly this past year and we love her to the moon and back. We have watched her grow and mature into the sweetest and smartest little girl. You have instilled in her the kindness and love that you both share and we are thankful for the time that we have been given with you guys. We can't wait to meet Will and we pray that this journey will be quick and you will be bringing your little boy home soon.
Love,
The Popplewell's
Post a Comment