July 19, 2009

Worship the Lord!

As I sit here, this Sunday, at home with my sweet lil Hannah and did not go with my family to church this morning, I am still called to worship my Lord and my God! I hope that I worship Him each day through word, deed and attitude with my family and neighbors.
I love quiet moments alone that allow me to reflect over my thoughts, words and deeds although at times these thoughts are quite humbling. I have been home almost 2 1/2 weeks and things are going really well and at times can be a little overwhelming. My mother stayed for a week and then JB's mom came for a week. This coming week is my first solo week and I am trying to pray for the Lord's grace and patience and just knowing that this is going to be difficult. I also hope I am making more out of it than it really will be!
Three beautiful children 3, 2, and 3 weeks! I know that this time is fleeting and I can really tell it in my sweet M and W. I held M and rocked her to sleep last night as I have so many times. I looked down at her and kissed her sweet cheek as I have so many times before and I could watch her grow before my eyes. It seems as if it were yesterday that I kissed that beautiful face and she was 11 pounds and fit between my palm and elbow. As I looked at her last night she covered my whole lap and her legs hung passed my knees. "Wonderfully sad" is what I told my husband. So thankful that she is growing into a wonderful little lady but I so miss that little bundle of a baby!
I just pray that the Lord will help me to be thankful for the day He has given me! I don't want to mourn what has passed or anticipate what is to come...just allow me to love and live today!
This has been a rambling of thoughts from my post partum head...thanks for reading!
Missy

1 comment:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Beautifully said! We all need to be content "in the moment". We can spend so much time looking forward (or back for that matter) that we miss what is right in front of us right now. Hope you had a wonderful morning worshipping the Lord with Hannah.