October 13, 2008

Baking Yummy Pumpkin Bread!!

We (I) found this yummy pumpkin bread recipe on a friends blog and so I decided to try it. I love pumpkin bread and the smells of fall in my home. Molly also has gotten where she loves to help me cook. She is such a big help and we have a great time doing it.


Don't worry, this is not the finished product...just wanted you to see our loaf before it went into the oven. (side note) I ordered mini loaf pans from Pampherd Chef to do this in, (a girl's got to have the right tools ya know) but it still isn't in and I couldn't wait for warm pumpkin bread so we used a class pan instead. (it worked just fine!)

Here's the recipe:

2/3 cup Crisco sticks, *2 2/3 cups sugar, *4 eggs, *1 large can pumpkin, *2/3 cup water, *3 1/3 cups flour, *2 tsp. baking soda, *1 1/2 tsp salt, *1/2 tsp baking powder, *1 tsp. cinnamon, and *1 tsp. ground cloves *Add all this to mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to blend it all...It makes 2 large loafs or many smaller loaves....It needs about 1 hr. at 350....Just watch it..It doesn't always need an hour. I just poke it with a tooth pick until it comes out clean!

I just love this pic of Molly with flour on her nose...She had flour many other places and pumpkin but that's ok we were learning!


Here is our finished loaf of bread! Yummy! I would love to sit down with a great book, a white chocolate mocha, and a piece of this baby and relax.. Oh well! off to fix lunch!!

2 comments:

Rebekah Travis said...

I fixed pumpkin bread for all the elders and their families yesterday (Monday) and was planning on giving it out Wednesday! How funny that we both had the longing to bake and smell the tasty bread on the same day!

Liz said...

Yum...can't wait to make pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love fall baking!!