October 21, 2008

Fall Festival and the Pumpkin Patch!

We went to a Fall Festival this past weekend and then to the Pumpkin Patch. The kids were absolutely wonderful! M and W found time to have fun at a park during the festival. They both love, I mean LOVE the park!
Will loves being able to just go and explore. He is growing up so fast and can do so much. I have a difficult time letting him do "big boy" things. He looks at me like, "Mom, I can do this, really trust me!"


Will sitting on hay stacks at the Pumpkin Patch. We had to wear our overalls and look the part! Too Too Cute!

Molly said she looks like her grandpa in her outfit!

Molly had a blast in the hay maze. She made it out with Papa's help. I couldn't get my "jazzy chair" through the maze. :(


The kids got to get up close and personal with farm animals. They loved it. This is Wilbur and he was very friendly.





The man that owned the farm was so nice. He took my kids by the hand and showed them all of the workings of the farm. He let them see fresh eggs in the hen house and even let M hold the hen. I can't believe she did it! She is so brave!

Yes, this is M sitting on the house with the goats. She said they were her friends. Will loved being at the farm. He just played in the dirt and was in his own world. He enjoyed feeding the animals with Papa's help. It actually nibbled his finger!On to the pumpkin patch. Molly went to the very back of the field to find her pumpkin! She had to get the perfect pumpkin...she is very serious about pumpkin picking. Really....
Will had a difficult time toddling through the patch. He fell....oh about 12 times... he got up each time and kept toddling until he found his pumpkin. Here's Will with his pumpkin....although every time he would see another one he would drop the current pumpkin and pick up the new one...I think he thought they were balls.In the end, Molly and Will both found that great pumpkin! We were all exhausted that evening but had a wonderful day together! The Pumpkin Patch is so much fun!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pumpkin patch and so does Jiles. What great memories. The pics are too cute.

Kristi J said...

thanks for commenting...sadly, my sink looks like that way too often (:
Love all your pumpkin patch pics...we'll be heading there soon, kristi

Liz said...

I love all of your pictures of the pumpkin patch...especially the one as your header of Molly. So cute! I love how Molly was serious about picking out her pumpkin. I know 3 little girls that would be the same way.

Hannah said...

I love the pictures. Your children are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMG your babies are soooooooooo cute!!! i could squeeze wills cheeks!!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Sarah said...

What an awesome fall festival! Molly and Will look so happy! The cutest punkins in the patch!

Anonymous said...

How neat that you guys could pet the farm animals! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!