I am now beginning day 3 in my hospital "apartment". The staff here has been wonderful and treating me well. I do miss my family....my hubby and kids terribly...but I know this is something I have to do for Hannah. I still have a difficult time in the evenings when my precious kids kiss me good night only to drive 30 miles to their beds instead of the next room...I struggle with not being there for them in the middle of the night and to sing our favorite good morning song...each day...ok, I'll stop writing this as tears are running down my face...I refuse to be negative and am really concentrating on a positive experience and DO hope to be here for a while.
Baby Hannah is doing well and her heartbeat remains strong. Tomorrow will be a BIG test for her as we will go to ultrasound again. They will be measuring her weight and growth, but more importantly her blood flow through the umbilical cord and her movements...Pray that the Lord is allowing her to continue getting enough nourishment inside of me that she can remain there...They will be making that decision tomorrow.
I did meet with the neonatologist here yesterday and he gave me the ugly on bringing a child into the world at 26-27 weeks gestation. He was kind and very knowledgeable and doing his job....scaring the pants off me...
The good news is that they have this "wonderful number of "28" weeks around here that is really promising. He says that if we can get her to "28" weeks that she has 80% chance of survival and a lower chance of long term disabilities. 30 weeks would just be wonderful... Well my God is wonderful and we are hoping a praying for 30 weeks...It will be tough but I am praying for just that. SO, you will probably read my ramblings from a bed for several more weeks I pray!
Amy Shares Chapel Message
2 years ago


5 comments:
I cannot imagine all the emotions you're going through, but I know our Lord is with you and baby Hannah 24/7 and He will dry your tears and ease your worries and concerns. We love you all.
The Burts
We have been praying for ya'll daily, especially for little Hannah.
On a positive note- Yea! for daily blog updates!
Let us know if you need ANYTHING!
Missy, will be lifting you and JB up tomorrow. God is good all the time. Your spirit is great, you are a true example of faith in Christ. I love you. Have a good evening.
JimBob & Missy, I am continously praying for you all. If you need anything just let me know.
Food Cravings, Wants, Needs - I can fix, buy,...
An ear to just listen - Anytime day or night
Material things - Just name it
Whatever...
Anything at all please don't hesitate to ask!!!
We will be praying for you tomorrow. WE love you!
Post a Comment