April 20, 2009

Reflections from a hospital bed....

As I lay here tonight in my labor and delivery hospital room, it is not as I had planned....It seems that most things in life do not go as planned....
For those of you that are not "informed" I had a visit this afternoon and Hannah's blood flow, nutrients and oxygen are being compromised through the cord....so my doctor has admitted me to the hospital for close observation....His "plan" is to hopefully have me here for two weeks (Lord willing) until Hannah reaches 28 weeks gestation...hopefully longer.
So here I lay, as the Lord has given me time to ponder in my heart his Sovereignty and my dependence on him for life and breath.
Even in times of what seems to be a crisis...God is still God...
This did not catch Him by surprise and he is completely in control.
He already knows the days that were set for Hannah and He knows when she will enter this world and how.
In these times of crisis, as a Christian, it is always an appropriate response to worship and thank our God. I didn't say it was easy....but appropriate.
I have been thinking of what I am so truly thankful for that he as blessed me with today:
I am thankful that I am 26 weeks gestation.
I am thankful that Hannah is healthy today.
I am thankful that He has provided me with a watchful doctor that fears the Lord.
I am thankful that my children are well taken care of.
I am thankful for His word and for prayer....
I am thankful for a Godly church family that lifts our family up in prayer.....
I am thankful that the Lord is Sovereign and HE not ME is in control.

Please pray for our family and that The Lord's Will be done and that He would prepare our hearts for that journey and our heart's testing...that we will be more transformed into His image.

Psalm 62 verse 1.2
My soul waits in silence for God only
From him is my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation.
My stronghold: I shall not be greatly shaken.

Blessings,
Missy

3 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Praying...continually.

Mindy said...

We love you all and will pray without ceasing. We're here if you need someone to watch the kids, cook dinner, whatever you need!

Love,

Jim and Mindy

Hasty said...

Hi,
You are all in our prayers. God knew before the beginning of time that you and little Hannah would be right where you are.
Let us know if there is anything we can do.
love,
The Hasty's