May 13, 2009

celebration and reflection

I am not able to upload photos to my blog and I am not sure what is happening so hopefully it will be resolved soon....Anyway, I am 30 weeks pregnant today! YIPEE! PRAISE GOD! my nurses brought me in a cake today to celebrate.... They have been so wonderful and I am thankful for such good whole care....
My doctor came in today and informed me that I was getting my second two booster doses of steroids today and tomorrow because "he" feels like she will be born soon. Well, I can't put a lot of stock into that being that they felt that I would deliver the week I was admitted and also thought two Mondays ago to prepare ourselves for delivery.... So it is what it is and she will come out when the Lord says it is time and not before...so I will sit and wait...I must admit...I am ready.. but I know that Hannah needs every day and every week to grow and mature and I am willing to do that. The Lord helps me always to put things in perspective. For example, I read the blog girl talk and there is a mother in her thirties on there today with a video testimony of her faith and relationship with Christ. I haven't got watch all of it but the first 5 minutes had me in reflection of my time spent here. She was diagnosed with breast cancer five years ago and it has now spread to several parts of her body and she has about 6 weeks to live. She stated that 6 weeks when waiting for your driver's license or a special occasion it seems to drag, but when it is the last time to cuddle with your children or kiss you husband 6 weeks just isn't long at all.... This helped me greatly to put my wait in perspective and it is a wait for "Lord willing" joy and to welcome and say hello and not goodbye. Lord help me wait unto you and for you with patience and joy!
Trusting in Him,
Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy,

We are praying along with you for God's perfect timing now and always in Hannah's life!

We love you!
Vicki

Mindy said...

Missy,

We're rejoicing with you in reaching 30 weeks (or beyond!) ... we know Hannah is in God's hands and He will allow her to be born when she's ready! Sending lots of prayers and love your way!

The Burts