May 21, 2009

You are Amazing God....

Our God is Amazing....When I came into this room almost 5 weeks ago....the doctors thought that I would deliver Hannah and the prognosis wasn't in our favor....The next few days were a whirlwind of specialists coming into my room preping me for the inevitable and what our baby would look and be like....My head was spinning.....I turned to my Lord and cried out to him....not for miracles...although I knew that was well within His power...I cried out for strength and peace and for Him to calm my anxious heart, to trust in Him and prepare me for what the future was to hold. I prayed for His will to be done but I did ask that he would prolong our stay, stabilize Hannah and heal whatever was causing the bloodcord flow issue. To be honest, I struggled with praying for "my desires" although the Lord knew that my heart was open to accept His plans whatever they may be....
Now I sit here almost 5 weeks later....still very dependant on the Lord (we always are) but thankful that in His grace and mercy He saw to heal my body during that time and keep Hannah in my womb. All honor and praise is due His Mighty Name. I would still be praising Him if He had chosen to take Hannah 5 weeks ago because He is still God and still Sovreign and that is my solid rock that our feet stand upon.
My ultrasound today was excellent...my bloodcord flow for the past week has been 3 and under which is simply amazing compared to the 6's and 7's the first two weeks when I arrived. Hannah is growing and we still do not know what the future holds for Hannah, but I am trusting in an Amazing God that loves me fully as His child and that is my comfort and confidence...
Missy

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Missy - Praising the Lord with you that he's been so faithful and true. I know you're tired of looking at the hospital walls ... but God is using this time to heal you, comfort you and prepare you to be the awesome mother that He wants you to be. You're such an inspiration to us all and I know God has special plans in store for baby Hannah.

Love you!

The Burts

Anonymous said...

Missy,
I have been following your blog for several weeks now. Continuously amazed at how God works, and His plan, which always proves to turn out better than we can imagine. Your attitude and patience have been very encouraging, and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Your Old BLBC Sister In Christ:
Kasie Bastin Ralston, Lexington, KY

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Our God certainly is amazing. I am so thankful that He is sovereign and that He has strengthened you in this time. Your faith is a blessing and an encouragement! Still praying...